Free School Management System
Free School Management SystemLearn More
1IMAGINATIVE COMPOSITION (20 Marks)
-Must be a notice if not deduct 2 marks A.D.
-anywhere else. -Date and or day must appear, and not time alone.
-Deny 1 mark of format if more than 2 items of another format appear in the notic
Format Notice½ Name of school/institution ½ Item of presentation½ Venue½ Day/Time½ Ownership/contact person½
TOTAL 3 CONTENT
C-1 Benefits -
B-1 People invited -
P-½ Actors - A-½
TOTAL - 3
2 TOTAL 8 marks
-Must be a synopsis in continuous prose.
-If not faithful to the text, or if irrelevant, award 1 mark only for language.
-Indicate the occurrence of mixed tenses with an asterisk and label M.T since it must be presented in the present simple tense.
Marking points Conflict - C -2
Attempt to resolve conflict - AC -3
Resolution - R -2
Language - L -3
Tone (Tense, prose, length) - T
C - 2
AC - 3
R - 2
L - 3 T - 2
2. CLOZE TEST (20 Marks)
4. distinguish in
3. POETRY (15 Marks)
a) i. abba cddc effe ghhg ijjk√1 regular rhyme scheme√1 = 2 marks
ii. alliteration illustration clatter clang; window with; wind without rival; raging onomatopoeia howls, sway, clatter, clang, bang, flash
iii. read more slowly and deliberately with a smile to express the fact that children skip homenot in a hurry/unconcerned about the coming storm and the smile expresses the joy of the children. Illustration Identification 1mark Explanation/ illustration - 1mark iv. ewe v. sun vi. reign vii. blew ½ x 4= 2 marks
b) Acknowledge important people in the audience starting from the most important.
- Giving background information on the topic.
- Using a proverb.
- Using an anecdote short funny/sad story.
- Asking questions.
- Giving a personal testimony.
- Singing a relevant song. Accept any 3 points 1 mark each Mark the first 3 points only and draw a line.
c) Makes other people comfortable around us.
- It is a mark of respect for other people and their culture.
- Helps maintain order and enhances efficiency.
- Prevents misinterpretation of signals.
- Reduces suspicion for example pickpocketing
- Be decently, smartly and formally dressed.
- Neatly arrange your documents.
- Revise areas likely to be tested.
- Read on current affairs.
- Arrive before time (at least 30 minutes early) During
- Be courteous.
- Be attentive/listen keenly.
- Knock and wait to be invited in.
- Be concise and precise.
- Respond to questions honestly.
- Think before you answer questions.
- Remain calm and pleasant.
- Express appreciation. (Accept any 3 points for before and any three for after 1 mark for 6 points = 6 marks